Indulge in a sumptuous dessert by trying out this recipe for lemon meringue cheesecake, which is perfect for any occasion. The dessert features a heavenly blend of creamy cheesecake texture, tangy lemon curd, and fluffy meringue.
- 2 cups shortbread crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) of soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Mix the shortbread crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the soft cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 cup of sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest into the cream cheese mixture, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the cookie crust in the springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until roughly set in the center, for about 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until completely chilled, for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and the cream of tartar, and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Spread the lemon curd on top of the cheesecake.
- Pile the beaten egg whites over the curd, sealing tightly around all edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meringue is golden brown, for about 10 minutes.
- Chill the cheesecake, uncovered, in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
this recipe for lemon meringue cheesecake is a heavenly dessert that is sure to please any palate. The combination of creamy, tangy, and sweet flavors, along with varied textures, will leave your guests wanting more. Whether you are treating yourself or serving it for a special event, this dessert is a surefire winner. So, why not try this recipe today and savor a slice of this decadent dessert?